The marriage of a foreigner in the territory of Slovakia is completed with the enrolment in the Registry office. Birth, marriage and death of citizens of the Slovak Republic, which occurred outside Slovakia, in:
- the territory of a foreign state,
- a representative office of Slovakia in a foreign state
- a ship or an aircraft outside the country,
- a non-state territory,
is entered into the Special Registry (Osobitná matrika).
Special Registry (Osobitná matrika) (in Slovak): www.minv.sk/?osobitna-matrika
The application for registration is filed at:
- the embassy of the Slovak Republic abroad
- the registry office in whose territorial jurisdiction the citizen has permanent residence
- the registry office in whose territorial jurisdiction the citizen was last resident or
- any registry office if the citizen did not have permanent residence in Slovakia.